sábado, 28 de marzo de 2009

What "type" of artist are you?

What "type" of artist are you?

38%
320 deviants said A varied artist or other not listed...
18%
146 deviants said Digital - 2D Painter/Drawer
17%
143 deviants said Traditional - Painter/Drawer
8%
67 deviants said Photographer - Nature/Landscape
6%
54 deviants said Digital - 3D artist
5%
41 deviants said Literature - Story writer
3%
24 deviants said Literature - Poet
2%
19 deviants said Digital - Pixel/vector/vexel
2%
16 deviants said Photographer - People/Man-Made things
0%
2 deviants said Traditional - Sculpture/Crafter


Me: Most of us don't satisfy by doing just one thing. It's fun to try other stuff, and it's even more fun when you discover you're actually good at it / could become good eventually, with more practice, initiative and hard work. I, as many others, am a few of those: Traditional Drawer (trying to paint xD), Varied photographer, and a Story writer. I can't do manual stuff like sculpture even if my life depends on it (hands aren't made for that, I get it, I accepted it a long time ago), poetry is not my thing and I totally stink when it comes to digital, maybe because I'm just starting with it, and I barely know what I'm doing. I want a tablet so it becomes easier to manipulate and I can finally learn to do a decent BG or lineart, at the very least.
I still don't call me an "artist", though, because I think I'm still on the road, I'm lacking experience and official work and results.


Priteeboy: Thta first bit is true, and real artists gets the urge to leave their comfort zone, I think I'd get bored drawing the same thing over and over, so I too illustrate different things, even though it's obvious that some aren't as "good" as others lol, but that's the whole reason why I keep trying to master them :)

Yeah, manual things like sculpture and such are pretty hard, looking back at the clay sculptures I made in high school and was so roud of at the time - they look rather crappy now and no-one in the right mind would even spend 5 bucks on it :lmao:


Me: Exactly, that's because I've tried a lot of things, old and new. That urge is impulsing me to try and paint, even if all my memories point to my lack of ability on it xD I love challenges, and painting is just one, but huge anyway for me - being characters or landscaping.

I am trying to become a real artist, and damn it's hard, but it's so cool and awesome and challenging and exciting and woo 8D stuff. I feel so great when I finish something and I'm satisfied with it, when it came up the way I wanted it, and / or I just love the way it ended up :3 ... you know?

But, yeah, the one thing I really gave up on was sculpturing and such. I like to do a lot, but I have to accept I can't do it all - specially if I want to be really good at something (else).


Priteeboy: Yeah, sometimes I get so wrapped up on dA and trying to top my last work that I tend to forget about the fact that I originally did this stuff because I found it awesome, challenging and exciting too, and the good sens eof pride I had when I finished something I liked (which is rare theses days - the better you get, the more you expect out of yourself ;p)

I enjoyed sculpture in art class at high school, but was still bad at it (luckily not to the extent of the other students :lol:)


Me: The same thing happens to me, not because I do it all the time, but for the lack of time - college takes it all out me and leaves me with nothing but lack of sleep and tiredness. Because of that, most of the time I forget how good it feels, how entertaining it is. Still, when I dedicate myself over something, I put my whole being into it, and being the OCD gal I am, I can't call it quits until it is as perfect as I can make it.

The only sculpture I ever got decent was an ash tray xD

2 comentarios:

Nikole W dijo...

uy bueno no se como calificar xD
bueno ingles

Jeshu~ dijo...

yo tambein apesto para la escultura y los trabajos manuales ;D

WTF is an OCD gal'1?1'!?!?1?Tdsnsdniw