sábado, 16 de junio de 2007

My Names

Stephanie:

The girl's name Stephanie \s-tepha-nie, st(e)-phanie\ is pronounced STEFF-a-nee. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "crown, garland" (Corona, guirnalda). Feminine form of Stephen.

The name of the first Christian martyr was a favored name choice from the early Christian era.

Stephania, a Latin form of the name, was used for girls.

The French form Stephanie became popular early in the 20th century.

Stephanie has 49 variant forms: Fania, Fanya, Phanie, Phanya, Stefa, Stefana, Stefani, Stefania, Stefanie, Stefenney, Stefcia, Steffa, Steffaney, Steffanie, Steffenie, Steffi, Steffie, Stefinney, Stefka, Stefya, Stepa, Stepania, Stepanida, Stepanyda, Stepahnie, Stepfanie, Stepha, Stephaine, Stephana, Stephane, Stephani, Stephania, Stephanina, Stephanine, Stephannie, Stephany, Stephene, Stepheney, Stephine, Stephney, Stephoney, Stesha, Steshka, Stevana, Stevena, Stevie, Stevey, Stevonna and Stevonne.

Stephanie is a very popular female first name and a popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census).

Why did my parents choose this name? I... can't recall it, exactly. xD I don't really remember if it HAD or NOT had something to do with my greatgrandma... On the other hand, I think it might have had something to do with this woman... Stephanie Dunno-Your-Last-Name, from royalty or Hollywood or... something like that... yeah............ But I'm certain they DIDN'T know what it meant. XD

Hana:

The truth is I, also, picked this one up from someone already "existent"...
And between quotation marks because that person... really doesn't exist. It's the son of the Asakura, from Shaman King. On top of it, it's a boy. Then, why the name?

'Hana' is a common name in Japan. As a lot of words in that country, it depends on how it's written to know it's correct meaning. The word 'Hana' can mean FIVE (5) different things, some like Star, Nose, and the one that I picked, Flower (Flor).

Months after adopting this name, it seemed irrelevant from who or what I'd gotten it from, cuz it became part of my identity and came to create its own meaning.

Dawn:

As you may know, 'Dawn' means Amanecer, Alba in spanish. This, which I picked it to be my last name, also came from Shaman King, from one of the mislabeled songs I'd had in my full of crap PC, exactly. "The Dawn"... It wasn't the greatest song anyway, not from the folder, not from anywhere. In fact, it sucked. And I didn't even know the meaning of the word. But, in spite of all that,
I liked the sound of it. I knew it meant something cool. So... That's it.


Why? Curiosity alone can move... a lot of stuff.

H.D.

No hay comentarios: